Thursday, April 18, 2013

The RV Has Arrived

Today we picked up our RV and all the anticipation of getting it here was worthy of enduring the wait.  You might say it felt like Christmas morning.  While Jim hitched up the car and went over the final repair details at Norris RV, I cleaned and polished the wood cabinets in the kitchen.  Then we were off to Eloy to the truck wash to have the exterior washed and waxed.


The wash is performed by several guys in fifteen minutes.  The drying and waxing portion took about 40 minutes.  We ate dinner at the truck stop while that part was accomplished.  They climb up on rolling ladders to reach the top of the coach!  The truck wash is open 24/7 and four trucks followed us through the two bay wash.

I followed Jim home in the car and we parked the coach in front of the house just as the sun was setting.  Gayle and Frank Lewis walked over for a quick tour before they leave for New Mexico in the morning.  Jeff Clark stopped by to chat about it before finishing his walk.  Ellen came by on her bike and shared that she has driven one of these to Alaska!  Amazing.  I hope to learn to drive it in the midwest somewhere so I have miles of straight road to practice on.



As the sun was setting, we showed Snoopy his future home and then went in to get some rest before the big packing job starts tomorrow.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment