Monday, May 20, 2013

Rhode Island from Pell Bridge

 
Pell Bridge


Looking back to Conanicut Island.

Aquidneck Island ahead of us from the Pell Bridge.



Back to Rhode Island today traveling further east across the Verrazzano Jamestown Bridge to Conanicut Island and then beyond to the Pell Bridge where it feels like you are on top of the world and Narragansett Bay stretches out beneath us to the north and to the south toward the ocean.  We see the fast ferry to Martha’s Vineyard and the U.S. Naval Complex Newport from the top of the bridges respectively and numerous lighthouses. Coming down onto Aquidneck Island, we can see Middletown to the north.  Here the countryside continues to be a vibrant green and we find an old windmill.  It looks Dutch and I wonder about its origins.  Alas it is on private property and we can’t learn more about it.

Windmill


Snoopy’s Corner:

I stayed home and enjoyed my day looking out the window, but frankly I think they had more fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment