Friday, July 19, 2013

Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear greeted us upon arrival at today's new park.
Today we arrived at Yogi Bear Park in Madison, ME. after driving about an hour and a half due west from Bangor.  He is the only bear we have seen thus far in Maine!  It was a fairly easy drive along some narrow roads and it feels like we were going into more wilderness until we arrived in Madison.  The usual group of chain stores exist just down the road from our campground like WalMart, Ace and the local grocery chain called "Hannaford".
I'll believe the moose sign when I see one!
The weather has been ten degrees hotter than normal in Maine but they predict the hot spell will break tomorrow with thunderstorms in the afternoon and then start cooling down a bit.  The mosquitoes and flies are rampant and we have to be careful to wear bug repellant and open and close doors to the coach and car quickly.  I have no desire to sit outside right now.

We inspected a campground and golf facility in Palmyra, ME.  They had a wonderful old truck sitting outside the office.  The golf course was gorgeous.  The owner reported that it was so cold over last winter that they lost two green's and others lost even more greens at other golf courses.  So both extremes of weather must be dealt with here.
Red and black...a nice combination.
We are down to just fifty more parks to inspect and we are done.  That will be nice so we are free to see more sights and attractions along the road.  So far Williamsburg, VA, the Pennsylvania Dutch country, Gettysburg and the "largest RV show in the country" in Hershey, PA are on our radar.

The latest bloom I've captured on camera.
The question of the day...what is it?  An amaryllis or a lily possibly?  OK, those of you that know what these lovely flowers are, educate me!  We also have black-eyed Susan flowers blooming here along the highways, but I have yet to get a photo of them.

I am told these flowers may be a daylily.  Looking them up the dictionary which also says:  "a lily that bears large yellow, red, or orange flowers, each flower lasting only one day."  Thanks to my follower who wrote to me and who knows the names of flowers so well!  I appreciate learning from you what I have forgotten while living away from the Northeast for forty years.


Snoopy's Corner:

Mom and I are finished writing the blog for today so we are going to quit, put our feet up and watch TV.  We haven't had TV in a week and we are looking forward to it tonight!

Where did I put my notes on what I wanted to tell you?
This "mouse" isn't what I was hoping to catch.  I like the furry ones better.

1 comment:

  1. The flowers look like daylilies--they come in various colors. Some are ever-blooming, which means that they bloom most of the summer.

    ReplyDelete