Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hello from Snoopy



For those of you who have been wondering what I have been doing, I decided to write to you this morning.  We have been settled in here for almost two weeks and I don't mind not moving.  We still have a couple of weeks to go here.  Mom and Dad do go driving around a lot here so I stay home and watch the coach for them.

There is a cute kitty that comes around sometimes.  She looks like me actually and scared Dad because he thought I had gotten outside.  I was just hiding in the bedroom, but he did not know.  My outdoor friend walked over our car and left footprints on the windshield.  They were pretty tiny, so she is most likely younger than me.

There is a canary that lives across the street in a cage that sometimes hangs outside on one of the poles for the awning so he is in the shade.  I'm pretty sure he likes to get outside once in a while.  He lives with his Dad in a popup tent.  Four children ranging in age from maybe three to eight years old come to visit him on the weekend.  They came yesterday with backpacks and black plastic bags filled with their "must have" weekend stuff.  I don't know how they got everything into that popup camper!  They even bring bikes and ride them up and down the street.  The only other kid I watch from the coach is behind us.  He is about three and he has Halloween decorations all over his porch.  They are very cool, but also scary!  His Dad is already teaching him to play basketball and he has a little swimming pool with a slide (you know, one of the plastic blowup pools for little kids with about three inches of water in it.)  He has lots of fun in it but I would not want to try getting in.

Otherwise, we have mostly old people around us, like my Mom and Dad.  Something exciting happened yesterday while Mom was at the grocery store.  A firetruck and ambulance came for the camper next to us.  We don't know what happened, but it seems like it must have been the man, because we have only seen her since.  They are from Quebec and are traveling with another couple from Quebec who are parked on the other side of them from us.  The man who was next to us liked to clean his Fifth Wheel everyday.  They also went to play golf all the time.  At night they had dinner together on one or the other of their picnic tables with yummy stuff like Brie, raspberries, and wine.  Everybody has a bike to ride too.  So we have to find out what happened.  Mom missed all the excitement because she was gone until after everything was over.  (She gets into a grocery store and can be gone for an hour looking around!)

I have been watching Ibis and Herons fly over our coach every night.  They seem to be flying west somewhere, but we have not figured out where they go yet.  We don't have any water in our park, so they don't hang out here very much.

Mom has her hobbies out on a little table she set up.  She is crocheting and making jewelry whenever she isn't writing on the computer.  We have television here and great internet, so both Mom and Dad are happy.  We may even start doing yoga soon (the chair version) except I am not doing that "down dog" one.  I draw the line at that, even if Mom likes doing it!


We thought we were ready for Halloween.  Mom got a Snoopy Pumpkin in honor of me.  Well, she brought it home and the light did not work.  We are going to take it back to Publix (the grocery store) where she bought it.  She says there is a big black spider with red eyes there that maybe she will get instead.  They had a bigger spider like him in Arizona that I have not seen because I wasn't adopted until February, but Dad tells me it was scary!

Well, that is my story for right now.  I am going to rest up so I am ready for when that spider gets here!

P.S.  It turns out we did not get the spider...boy am I glad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment