Friday, October 11, 2013

Jacksonville to Orlando FL


St. Johns River
Jacksonville, FL
Our drive from Jacksonville south to Daytona Beach and then southwesterly to Orlando started early crossing the St. Johns River as we traveled I-95 through what seemed to be downtown Jacksonville.  It seemed like we were crossing over a huge lake rather than a river.  At one point an RV passed us that looked almost exactly like ours, but he was pulling a pickup truck with a golf cart loaded on top of the pickup!
LPGA Blvd. in Daytona Beach
 We passed St. Augustine exits which would have been a nice detour, but we opted to save that for a later date.  Certainly the historical fort there is closed anyway due to the government shutdown.  One of the exits in Daytona Beach proclaimed its name on one side and “LPGA Blvd” on the other side, with the Boulevard presumably named after the Ladies Professional Golf Assoc. 

Multiple huge hotel complexes are visible from I-4
Downtown Orlando from I-4
 Orlando has grown tremendously since I was last here and the freeways and traffic are correspondingly greater also.  Again we passed close to downtown on I-4 before continuing west past exits to Disney World, Sea World and Universal before arriving at our RV Park.

Happy Halloween
Tropical Palms RV Park is in the middle of celebrating Halloween and “Florida Rolling Gators” this weekend while we are here.  The palm trees and pastel colors of Park Models give credence to their Caribbean Island motif with street names like St. Lucia, St. Martin, Nassau Blvd. and Abaco.  We are warned “Do Not Feed The Alligators.”  In keeping with the season, at a later stop at Costco, we pickup a pumpkin pie along with a package of batteries.


Yummy!
 



1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it to Florida, does that mean you will be working for Good SAMs again next year? Enjoy St Augistine when you get there, I love that place, so much history.

    ReplyDelete