The beach was virtually empty except for a couple of other brave souls who wanted to see the waves too. One lone surf board sat on the beach without a surfer visible anywhere. Maybe the board floated up on the beach with the waves. Anything is possible I suppose.
The sound of the surf, the wind on my face, footprints in the sand and petite shells newly sprinkled along the edge of the high wave line combine to create an appealing playground for any age. The wind blows our jackets and hair, the birds follow us like playmates, the soft white sand creeps between my toes and I feel like a child again. I could sit here and draw it all in for hours it seems. But we move on, safe in the knowledge that the beach will wait there for us in all of its infinite beauty until we return.

No comments:
Post a Comment