On the way to Maine today, we passed this building with two white towers somewhere in Massachusetts (sorry I don't know where this was.) It made me think of the historic church we went to southwest of Tucson for our road trip this spring-the San Xavier Mission. The sky was beautiful today and we saw an overpass with several flags honoring the military.
 |
| Can you see all the different flags? |
We skirted Boston and then headed north through a bit of New Hampshire on I-95 until we crossed the Piscataqua River Bridge into Maine overlooking Badger’s Island (the location of several 18th-century shipbuilding yards.)
 |
| Approaching the Maine border from New Hampshire |
 |
| View toward ocean across the RV spaces. |
We checked into Sea Vu Campground with a view of the Atlantic Ocean through the trees. After waiting all this time to have lobster, we treated ourselves to “Lazy Man Lobster” for lunch (it is taken out of the shell and served in drawn butter.) Awesome.
The tide was out. It seemed as if you could walk across the estuary to the sea the water looked so shallow. There were kayaks for rent in an array of colors.
 |
| View from parking lot of our restaurant. |
 |
| Kayaks on the beach for rent. |
 |
| The restaurant where we had lunch in Wells, ME |
 |
| Across the estuary from our RV park toward the ocean. |
 |
| Patriotism is alive and well in New England |
We did not drive north or south to either of the bridges that take you across to the beach deciding to save that for a later day. I leave you with three American flags at the beach.
Time travel is possible...we traveled north 150 miles today and we jumped back in time to early spring (temperature wise.) I will be wearing my flannel pajamas tonight!
Snoopy’s Corner:
 |
| I'm pretending I am asleep. |
This traveling business is getting pretty easy. I am so used to it I just "hang out" on Mom’s lap now while we drive down the road. Actually, this was pretty comfortable so I rode quite a while like this. Oh well, somebody’s got to be the house (RV) cat and I got picked. Yippee!
love the blog especially Snoopy :-)
ReplyDeleteI enjoy writing so the blog is a perfect way to practice. Miss everyone there, but having a great time with this new job. Take care, Chris, Jim and Snoopy!
DeleteHi Chris, Jim and Snoopy, so good to read your blog, love it and the pictures and history behind it. Aww Snoopy's corner is great, love it..
ReplyDeletelove and miss you all.
Everything is good here.