Thursday, June 13, 2013

Scarborough, ME


We arrived at Bayley's RV Resort about midday in Scarborough, Maine.  This is about 85 miles north of where we spent last week.  It too is right on the coast near a 7 mile stretch of sandy beach known as Old Orchard Beach.  Old Orchard Beach is a resort area with amusement park type entertainment and lots of tourist trap stores and restaurants including the ever present T-shirt and candy stores.

Bayley's is a very large RV park and we are situated in a newer, less wooded area of the park near the salt flats and a large pond.  Arriving as we did on a Thursday, there were not too many campers at the park in our section yet so the views around us were beautifully uncrowded.  They rent canoes and kayaks for paddling through the salt flats at high tide.  There are lots of birds who enjoy this area as well.  The flats extend well inland here.

Lots of momentarily empty spaces.

The pond with the Salt Flats beyond.

The lovely trees...
 We settled in, took a brief nap and then drove around town.  I could not resist taking a photo of this business sign.  It is amazing how many clever business names we have seen here.  I hope to photograph a few more as we are out driving on our job.



1 comment:

  1. Jim and Chris,
    I hope you are enjoying this wonderful adventure you are having the way you thought you would. I love you detail explanations and pictures, I am so enkvious and am living this through you two.
    Thanks for doing such a wonderful job of sharing. Have some lobster for me!
    Love Carolyn

    ReplyDelete