A heavy thunder storm around noon today washed away any hopes most of the holiday weekenders had of hanging around the campground at our RV park (Seaport RV Resort in Mystic, CT.) The day started off like the last two days-overcast and even a little foggy, after a night of heavy rain and thunder with lots of lightning. I can only imagine how poorly the tent campers did through all of that, however one told us he was just fine through the storm when we encountered him as we walked the grounds here early this morning.
 |
| Taken through the window of our RV. |
The park went from being absolutely sold out to practically empty just before the next deluge hit. I ventured out to the grocery store while all was calm. Surprised by the storm, several of us stood huddled at the grocery store entrance and then ran for our cars with our purchases when the storm seemed to let up a bit. Then we all had the privilege of driving home in the driving rain. There is flooding throughout the state after three to six inches of rain have fallen and more rain is predicted for overnight. Safely settled into our RV, we are glad to be here and not traveling in this weather!
 |
| Empty spaces in both directions, as the weather continues the downpour. |
Snoopy's Corner:
Frankly I like all the raindrops coming down the window. They are fun to watch. I also like playing with the empty box the mail came in. It doesn't bother me that everybody has to stay home and inside because I get to hang out with Mom and Dad more this way. Dad is feeling better too every day, so I am really happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment